Tuesday, August 19, 2008

First day of Kindergarten...


Sara Beth's first day of Kindergarten was Monday. I can't believe its already time for her to start. She got up and was ready to go in about 10 mins never have I seen her move that fast... She got everything ready to go. I was telling her what she would be doing today, I told her that she would only stay until 12 but that she would get to eat lunch in the cafeteria...Thinking that I would get a comment like the cafeteria wow great...no this is what she had to say..." oh no what color milk I'm I going to get today"...she then said I need to call my daddy and ask him a question so we call daddy and she said daddy what color milk should I get today white, chocolate, or, pink (strawberry)??? Brent said WHAT... so Sara Beth tells Brent about getting to eat at school and she just doesn't know what color to get...Well after about 5 mins of talking about milk... Brent said you go to school three days this week so get a different color each day..everything fixed right? WRONG!!! what color should I start with... Then Brent said I don't know get the "PINK"...well with that out of the way we could make our way to school... We got to school and Sara Beth said mama you can just drop me off... UMMM NO....She said well OK but you can't cry...me cry..well OK maybe I did when Lane started school but I really thought that I had it all together today...We went into her class room and found a seat and was putting everything up...still no tears...I was just about to tell her bye when Ms. Mayo her teacher came up to me and gave me a letter. This is what it said..


The First day of Kindergarten
I gave you a little wink and a smile,
As you entered my room today.
For I know how hard it is to leave,
And know your child must stay.

You've been with her for five years now,
And have been a loving guide.
But now, alas the time has come
To leave her by my side.

Just know that as you drive away
And tears down your cheeks my flow.
I'll love her as I would my own
And help her learn and grow.

For as a parent I too know
How quickly the years do pass.
And that one day soon it will be my turn
For your child to leave my class.

So please put your mind at ease,
And cry those tears no more.
For I will love her and take her in
When you leave her at my door.

Well after that little note I had a small brake-down...Sara Beth said see this is why I wanted you to drop me off at the door...I got myself back together and gave her a huge and kiss...off she went... When she got home that night she had so much to tell us about..but the first thing that came out of her mouth was" I got WHITE milk today"....

2 comments:

Kim said...

that is sooo sweet AND I love her outfit!!!

Holli said...

Oh yeah...this time last year, how I remember well! Isn't it funny how they worry about the least little things...glad to know the whole milk thing worked out for her! Love the outfit...