Tuesday, August 12, 2008

First day of 2nd grade


My baby boy is now in second grade. He was so excited to start back to school so he could see all his friends. The cool thing about this year is that he has the same teacher (Ms. Thompson) that he had in first grade. All the same kids are in his class also. The kids had a 2 hour day on Friday ( what is that about?) Monday was there first full day at school. I was anxious to get home to hear about the first day of second grade. When I got home Lane was asleep. I knew something was up because Lane doesn't go to sleep well at night much less in the middle of the day. Brent said that he had to go get Lane early for school because he was running a fever of 103.4 and his head was hurting!!! Brent took him home and gave him some Tylenol. Lane told Brent that he was cold so he was all covered up and asleep. I checked on him from time to time last night to make sure his fever was not up again. He went to sleep about 4pm yesterday and slept till this morning. I checked his temp. today and he didn't have one. He said that his head wasn't hurting anymore and that he was ready to go back to school.. I'm not really sure what that fever was about.... Maybe his first day of second grade was just a little much for him!!!!!

No comments: